To provide a democratic and orderly process to address activities that may have a negative impact on the integrity, operation and long-term health of the ACBA. To promote values that maintain the strength and longevity of the breed and friendship and comradery within the membership.?
Grounds for Disciplinary Actions
- Theft or any other action that impacts or compromises the financial integrity of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association. ?
- Organized or individual attempts to purposely slander or discredit the integrity or stature of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association, its Officers, Directors and/or members.
- Misrepresentation of the ABCA?s credentials, logo, property, etc. for the purpose of personal gain is prohibited and any creation of marketing devices with ACBA representations without the approval of the Marketing Director.
- Discrimination and harassment in any form including, but not limited to, e-mail, phone, person to person, social media or any other form of communication, etc. and includes, but is not limited to, discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin. Violence or threatened acts of violence.
- Any additional actions that result in a significant negative impact on the ACBA.
Addressing Code of Conduct Violations
The process for addressing Code of Conduct violations reported, in writing by a member, will initially be handled by the President.
Communication to the complainant will be served to all parties affected, in writing, within 7 business days.
The Board of Directors will conduct an appropriate hearing to validate or disprove any of the above violations and seek guidance by the general membership as needed.
Any member who fails to adhere to the ACBA code of conduct is subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to, the following:
- Verbal and/or written warning issued by the President or Vice President
- Suspension for periods of time from 30 days to up to a year
- Possible expulsion from the association
Any member receiving disciplinary action can appeal the decision to the Leadership team within 10 days.
A final appeal can be made to the membership within 10 days of the Board of Directors vote. Any member, including the officer, shall recuse them-self from any vote where they are directly related to the complaint or having a conflict of interest.
The Ayam Cemani Breeders Association may modify and or update any portion of this Code of Conduct at will, with the approval of the Board of Directors.