?These guidelines are established in accordance with the objectives of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association and are set forth to protect and advance the interest of the breed by maintaining high breeding standards.?
All breeders should:
1. Abide by the constitution and by-laws of the ACBA and the rules of the American Poultry Association.?
2. Maintain the best possible standards of flock health and bio-security consistent with Best Management Practices for poultry.
3. Maintain accurate breeding records for a minimum of five years that could include:
- Import documentation
- USDA inspection reports
- NPIP certification
- Sales and purchase records
- Disease testing
- Applicable NPIP compliance.
4. Learns and understands the ACBA approved Standard of Perfection and breeds with the intention of conforming to it.
- Breeders agree to refrain from using a bird that, although free from serious or disqualifying defects, consistently produces offspring that does not lend positively to the proposed ACBA Standard of Perfection. (example: breeding a perfect looking bird that throws white sport chicks)
- Breeders agree that if they sell their culls, they will do their best to ensure that such birds are sold as pets, to fibro projects or otherwise removed from the purebred Ayam Cemani breeder population.
- Breeds only with the intention of improving the breed and rejects any practice involving cross-breeding with non-Ayam Cemani bird and then selling the offspring as PURE.?
5. Keep all advertising honest and in no way intentionally misleading, fraudulent or misrepresented. Fairly evaluates the quality of Ayam Cemani to be sold, and represents that evaluation truthfully.
- A breeder never sells a cull to a buyer positioning it as a way to start a breeding program or that you can “breed up.”
- If shipping chicks, preferred breeders will guarantee live arrival or replace/refund buyers for each lost chick.
- All breeders selling hatching eggs shall ship eggs in a manner that they will arrive safe and intact. No hatch rates are warranted and buyers need to buy at their own risk.
- Any breeder shipping Ayam Cemani chicks or eggs shall be NPIP Certified and/or provide the buyer with Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.
6. Breeders, if they show, will keep records of all showing and awards for a period of five years.
- As an exhibitor, ?Breeders will refrain from unnecessary criticism of other people?s birds.
- As a matter of ethics, Breeders pledge to help educate the general public as well as to assist the novice breeder.
7. Never discredits other Breeders(Members), their Ayam Cemani or their business practices without giving them a week to respond (to your private messages with your concerns) before posting it in a public forum. If you have an issue with a breeder or a sale, please give them a chance to respond to your concerns.
This Code of Ethics is intended as an expression of goals for breeders, exhibitors and fanciers. It is not to be construed as a rule or regulation to be enforced by punishment in a court of law.
If the ACBA receives a written complaint against a member, they will contact that member?within 7 business days. If there seems to be a legitimate violation of this Code of Ethics, the ACBA Board will bring the matter to the members during the next scheduled meeting. ALL members will have a vote determining if the member should be suspended or removed from the association. If the violation is serious enough, the Board will decide if the member needs to be suspended until such a meeting can take place.