Here you can find what drives the members of the ACBA. This is what we strive for, encourage, and teach our new and existing members.
The purpose of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association is to: encourage responsible breeding through education and collaboration, amongst breeders and enthusiasts alike, for the continued development and improvement of the Ayam Cemani breed in the United States.
The mission of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association is:
• To develop and maintain a strict Standard of Perfection for the Ayam Cemani breed,
• To create a united environment and mutual understanding amongst all breeders of Ayam Cemani across the United States,
• To encourage proper husbandry and economics regarding Ayam Cemani through education,
• To promote the exhibition of Ayam Cemani,
• To provide a positive and educational environment for those interested in learning about or those who are ready to begin breeding Ayam Cemani and those actively breeding or owning Ayam Cemani,
• And to conserve the rare, unique, and transcendent attributes the Ayam Cemani possess.
Objectives & Goals
The objectives and goals of the Ayam Cemani Breeders Association (ACBA) include guiding all breeders and members of the ACBA to breed responsibly and strictly to work towards attainment of the SOP.
It is expected that any Ayam Cemani whether chick, juvenile, or adult to be offered for sale or trade is to be bred towards said SOP.
Education of the SOP will be completed in settings such as breed shows, 4-H, FFA, and other places where Ayam Cemani can be presented and exhibited for the general population to appreciate and learn about.